SBA Offers Podcasts for Starting a Business
As another tool to help small business owners succeed, the Small Business Administration has started offering podcasts on a variety of topics of interest to entrepreneurs thinking about starting a business.
According to SBA, the broadcasts “will feature interviews with experts from the SBA and SBA resource partners of SCORE [Service Corps of Retired Executives], the Small Business Development Centers, and the Women’s Business Centers. Industry experts from across the country will also share insightful and invaluable information with the small business public via
These podcasts can be accessed at http://www.sba.gov/podcast/
. The podcasts, each less than 10 minutes in length, can be listened to on a computer or downloaded to an MP3 player. The website also offers a transcript of each session.
Current offerings include:
- Is Entrepreneurship for You?
- The SBA Small Business Training Network – Log On!
- Selecting a Business That Fits
- Disaster Preparedness for Business Owners
- Financing a Small Business
The SBA plans to regularly add feeds. Future offerings will include:
- Checklist for Starting a Business
- Legal Forms of Business Ownership
- Business Planning – the Basics
- How to Write a Business Plan
- How SBA Can Help Finance Your Business
- The Importance of Marketing
- Finding the Right Employees
The podcasts are the latest of the tools SBA provides to help new and existing small businesses succeed. Additional information on free training courses, workshops, and resources offered online by the SBA is available at